Half-Blood Days
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An RPG site centered around the Percy Jackson and the Olympian series.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» The Trees
Training Area~ - Page 3 Emptyby Lissy Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:12 pm

» Hello, it's me. I was wondering if after all these year you'd like to meet.
Training Area~ - Page 3 Emptyby Jack Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:25 am

» Hermes Cabin
Training Area~ - Page 3 Emptyby Jack Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:58 pm

» Long Island Sound
Training Area~ - Page 3 Emptyby Jack Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:58 am

» EVENT ;; Genderbender
Training Area~ - Page 3 Emptyby Cana Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:37 pm

» Nyx Cabin
Training Area~ - Page 3 Emptyby Cana Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:36 pm

» Half-Blood Hill
Training Area~ - Page 3 Emptyby Wishie Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:40 pm

» Elle Montgomery
Training Area~ - Page 3 Emptyby Wishie Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:43 am

» Khione Cabin
Training Area~ - Page 3 Emptyby Jack Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:39 pm

» The Creek
Training Area~ - Page 3 Emptyby Esmeey Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:46 pm

What is an Activities Director?
Training Area~ - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 01, 2015 3:17 pm by Lissy
THEIR JOB ;;

Basically they are Wishie's and I's adviser. They will help with planning, setting up events and even information if needed, and whatever else may function around that sort of stuff.

CAN THEY MOD ;;

Lol no. Only in the events and information section. They're not like Wishie and I …

Comments: 0
What do you want to see?
Training Area~ - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 15, 2015 11:00 pm by Lissy
Now that everyone seems pretty comfortable and settled into the site, I'd like to bring up some ideas that have either been brought to me or I've wanted to do.

Training Area~ - Page 3 3275174662 CAMP COUNSELORS:
I'm letting Ace explain this one (sorry for throwing you under the bus) because I cannot explain it how you …

Comments: 12
Color / Rank
Training Area~ - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 08, 2015 11:13 pm by Lissy
Alright, going to put this here to make life easier. Because I don't plan on this site being really big and full of lots of other people than the ones I've talked to or we've invited, I'm deciding to let each of you have the option to get a color for your name and a custom rank.

COLOR:
> Any …

Comments: 0

Training Area~

Go down 
+6
Jack
Tris
Esmeey
Wishie
Lissy
Syd
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Ace
The Avatar
Ace

Training Area~ - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training Area~   Training Area~ - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 21, 2015 10:48 pm

~Xavier
I swing my trident, cutting through the shadows.
Back to top Go down
Mythie

PostSubject: Re: Training Area~   Training Area~ - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 21, 2015 10:51 pm

Sammy~
While he was distracted dealing with the shadows I take my chances and attack him head on aiming to knock his trident out of his hands and ultimately win.
Back to top Go down
Ace
The Avatar
Ace

PostSubject: Re: Training Area~   Training Area~ - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 21, 2015 10:59 pm

~Xavier
I parry with the base of the trident, swinging it up underneath her while also sweeping my left leg out under her.
Back to top Go down
Mythie

PostSubject: Re: Training Area~   Training Area~ - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 21, 2015 11:06 pm

Sammy~
I was too focused on the trident to notice his leg and I fall down my scythe falling against my arm
Back to top Go down
Ace
The Avatar
Ace

PostSubject: Re: Training Area~   Training Area~ - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 21, 2015 11:18 pm

~Xavier
"Not bad," I say, offering her a hand up. "You have good fighting skills, but you rely on the same tactics. Bones and shadows, it doesn't matter, but you have to keep it dynamic. Always changing. Try using two things at once - if you would've attacked and had your shadows attack, I would've had to block your attack, which would've left me open to the shadows. You're also a bit too reliant on your powers, which isn't a bad thing in any case - they're a key part of fighting many battles. But you should definitely train more with a scythe if you can. If you're well-rounded in both areas, it's easier to combine attacks and synergize them in order to easily overpower your opponent. Does that help?"
Back to top Go down
Mythie

PostSubject: Re: Training Area~   Training Area~ - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 21, 2015 11:23 pm

Sam~
"Yeah" I say with a small smile, "Good fight" I say wiping some sweat off my forehead "I guess I'm a bit rusty still"
Back to top Go down
Ace
The Avatar
Ace

PostSubject: Re: Training Area~   Training Area~ - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 21, 2015 11:27 pm

~Xavier
"I just have more muscle since I'm older. You're a really good fighter, though. I think you were holding back. But hey, I won't complain," I say, smiling. "Still, even though you're a good fighter, you should definitely train often to keep in shape. That's the only reason I'm any good with this thing," I say, referring to my trident. "I have to admit though, you seem like a natural. Have you been at camp long?"
Back to top Go down
Mythie

PostSubject: Re: Training Area~   Training Area~ - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 21, 2015 11:32 pm

Sam~
"Eight years total" I say, "I was away working for my dad for 2 years though"
Back to top Go down
Ace
The Avatar
Ace

PostSubject: Re: Training Area~   Training Area~ - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 22, 2015 12:17 am

~Xavier
"That explains it. I've only been here four years, but after going through what I went through before coming here, I knew I had to be able to defend myself. So I've been training at least once or twice a week to keep improving. I know we're safe in here, but when there's things like gods and monsters out there, I don't really feel that safe. What did you do for your dad?"
Back to top Go down
Mythie

PostSubject: Re: Training Area~   Training Area~ - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 22, 2015 12:24 am

Sam~
I nod looking at him nervously, "Weird, stupid stuff mostly" I say vaguely knowing better than to get into details
Back to top Go down
Ace
The Avatar
Ace

PostSubject: Re: Training Area~   Training Area~ - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 22, 2015 12:26 am

~Xavier
"That's cool," I say simply. "Well, I guess I'll see you around. Nice catching up with you, Sam."
Back to top Go down
Mythie

PostSubject: Re: Training Area~   Training Area~ - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 22, 2015 12:28 am

Sam~
"You too" I say as I head back to start taking off my gear
Back to top Go down
Syd
Aka Squid
Syd

Patience

PostSubject: Re: Training Area~   Training Area~ - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 26, 2015 12:05 am

Falerina-
I destroy a few dummies, tearing through them with a knife and my fists. It was quite funny, because I wasn't even angry as I usually am when I come here. I wasn't sure what the exact word to describe was I was feeling was. I'd say a phantasmagoria of boredom and loneliness?

Anyways, I was here. And I was cutting some mannequins. I slammed my dainty elbow into the face of one, and then launched a swift knife at it's torso-- piercing it quickly. I let the knife fly for a second, before waving my hand and having it disappear/teleport into my pocket.

Sitting down on the dusty ground, I observe the sky above me, twirling the knife that was just in my pocket in between my ring and middle finger.
Back to top Go down
http://sydakasquid.tumblr.com
Omni

Omni

PostSubject: Re: Training Area~   Training Area~ - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 26, 2015 12:21 am

-Mat-

Mat watched the girl tearing into the dummies. Her technique was good--vicious and unrelenting, the sort of thing he used to see back home. In street fighting, it was kill or be killed, with no room for hesitation. Most of the kids here didn't get it, especially the younger ones. They held back too much, left themselves open, tried copying shit they'd seen in movies. It was funny. The street fighting, the bullshit, all of it was from Hollywood, one layer masking the other like ice on a deep, deadly lake. That was why Mat had come to the arena that day, for icebreaking. He had come to teach a class.

Mat had been a combat instructor for a full year now. He'd started when he became a counselor, after Annemarie... Yeah. She'd been a good counselor, and Mat did his best to follow her example. His class met every day at 2:00 sharp. But that was a ways off yet. For now, he had time, enough to get in a little training of his own.

He walked over to the girl. "Nice fighting," he said. "Care for a spar?"

Last edited by Omni on Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Syd
Aka Squid
Syd

Patience

PostSubject: Re: Training Area~   Training Area~ - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 26, 2015 12:31 am

Falerina-
I turned to see a man walking towards me. Standing up quickly, dusting my shirt, I turn to face him. I'd most likely seen him before, he looked quite familiar. "I suppose that would be a bit fun. As long as i'm allowed to use my knives, I shall join you," I said.
Back to top Go down
Omni

Omni

PostSubject: Re: Training Area~   Training Area~ - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 26, 2015 1:02 am

-Mat-

"Knives sound fine," Mat said. He unbuckled his sword and took a pair of daggers from the weapons rack at the edge of the training area. "Not to insult your skills, but I wouldn't want an unfair advantage with the reach, and Crocea Mors is a bit lethal for a training bout." He turned and raised his knives to a guard position. "Ready when you are."
Back to top Go down
Syd
Aka Squid
Syd

Patience

PostSubject: Re: Training Area~   Training Area~ - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 26, 2015 1:09 am

Falerina-
I observe the sword, Crocea Mors? The Crocea Mors. Once he set it aside I felt a bit relieved internally, "I see," I comment on the daggers.

"One other question. Am I allowed to use my err-- powers?"
Back to top Go down
Omni

Omni

PostSubject: Re: Training Area~   Training Area~ - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 26, 2015 1:21 am

-Mat-

"It's up to you," Mat said. "But you should know I won't be using mine. Most of what I can do isn't good in a fight, and the other thing... That's not for training bouts either. So, yeah, you could use your powers, but what kind of win would that be?" He grinned and beckoned with his dagger. "Go ahead. Ladies first."
Back to top Go down
Syd
Aka Squid
Syd

Patience

PostSubject: Re: Training Area~   Training Area~ - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 26, 2015 1:23 am

Falerina-
I shake my head, "I'll let you take first move, after all, you were the one who suggested the spar match."
Back to top Go down
Omni

Omni

PostSubject: Re: Training Area~   Training Area~ - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 26, 2015 1:30 am

-Mat-

"If the lady insists..." Mat took a hesitating step forward, then feinted at Falerina's shoulder, testing her defenses, ready with his other dagger if she opened herself up to block him. The technique had worked well for him in the past. The sunglasses that protected others from his cursed gaze also made him harder to read in a fight. "It's Falerina, right? I think I've seen you at some of the counselors' meetings."
Back to top Go down
Syd
Aka Squid
Syd

Patience

PostSubject: Re: Training Area~   Training Area~ - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 26, 2015 1:38 am

Falerina-
I remain still, not bothered the slightest by his feint attack. Finding a small gap, I reply.

"Yes. I'm the current representative for Deimos." I said, waiting for the perfect moment to strike. I have definitely seen this man before. His name was...err- Mat. Yeah. It was Mat. I am going to guess he's a counselor and based on his appearance he looks like that of Hades. Maybe.

Hmm.

I ponder for a split second, studying his form and his starting technique.
Back to top Go down
Omni

Omni

PostSubject: Re: Training Area~   Training Area~ - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 26, 2015 1:47 am

-Mat-

Mat sidestepped, brushing aside Falerina's knife to force her guard open, and slipped his second dagger into her breached defenses, pressing close. The move left him open, but with luck his opponent would be too busy defending to strike. Besides, he suspected she had more practice with knives than he did anyway. If he was going to win, it'd have to be on his own terms.
Back to top Go down
Syd
Aka Squid
Syd

Patience

PostSubject: Re: Training Area~   Training Area~ - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 26, 2015 1:54 am

Falerina-
She manages to grin. He had already breached her defenses. She heaves an inaudible sigh, using h r forearm to push the knife away. There's another attack coming. She swiftly bends back and executed a back handspring, landing a notably far distance away. Then, she tossed a few of her knives in his direction , knowing that he'd most likely find a way to block or dodge them. However with her abilities she could easily reclaim them.
Back to top Go down
Omni

Omni

PostSubject: Re: Training Area~   Training Area~ - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 26, 2015 2:08 am

-Mat-

As soon as Mat saw the knives leave Falerina's hand, he knew the only way he was avoiding them was if he broke a few promises. So he fell backwards, into the depths of his own high noon shadow, and disappeared while the knives sailed uselessly overhead.

Shadow travel wasn't Mat's favorite way to move. It was imprecise, sometimes dangerously so, and the further you went with it the more it took out of you. For short hops, however, to somewhere you could actually see, it was accurate to within about a meter and only felt like being punched in the gut by Muhammad Ali. Mat's jaunt landed him just behind Falerina, pale and in a cold sweat. This time, he didn't bother with knives. As he'd suspected, he was outmatched there. Instead, he wrapped Falerina in a bear hug, pinning her arms and using his greater strength and mass to drive her to the ground.
Back to top Go down
Syd
Aka Squid
Syd

Patience

PostSubject: Re: Training Area~   Training Area~ - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 26, 2015 7:52 pm

Falerina-
I jump a little when I am pulled into a bear hug. Shit. I am driven onto the floor, but still holding my ground. If I ended up winning it would be a huge victory. I summon a few knives into my hand, stabbing in a fluent but kinda crazy method just hoping to land an attack.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Training Area~   Training Area~ - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Training Area~
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next