Half-Blood Days
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An RPG site centered around the Percy Jackson and the Olympian series.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» The Trees
Irelia Carter Emptyby Lissy Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:12 pm

» Hello, it's me. I was wondering if after all these year you'd like to meet.
Irelia Carter Emptyby Jack Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:25 am

» Hermes Cabin
Irelia Carter Emptyby Jack Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:58 pm

» Long Island Sound
Irelia Carter Emptyby Jack Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:58 am

» EVENT ;; Genderbender
Irelia Carter Emptyby Cana Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:37 pm

» Nyx Cabin
Irelia Carter Emptyby Cana Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:36 pm

» Half-Blood Hill
Irelia Carter Emptyby Wishie Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:40 pm

» Elle Montgomery
Irelia Carter Emptyby Wishie Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:43 am

» Khione Cabin
Irelia Carter Emptyby Jack Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:39 pm

» The Creek
Irelia Carter Emptyby Esmeey Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:46 pm

What is an Activities Director?
Irelia Carter EmptyTue Sep 01, 2015 3:17 pm by Lissy
THEIR JOB ;;

Basically they are Wishie's and I's adviser. They will help with planning, setting up events and even information if needed, and whatever else may function around that sort of stuff.

CAN THEY MOD ;;

Lol no. Only in the events and information section. They're not like Wishie and I …

Comments: 0
What do you want to see?
Irelia Carter EmptySat Aug 15, 2015 11:00 pm by Lissy
Now that everyone seems pretty comfortable and settled into the site, I'd like to bring up some ideas that have either been brought to me or I've wanted to do.

Irelia Carter 3275174662 CAMP COUNSELORS:
I'm letting Ace explain this one (sorry for throwing you under the bus) because I cannot explain it how you …

Comments: 12
Color / Rank
Irelia Carter EmptySat Aug 08, 2015 11:13 pm by Lissy
Alright, going to put this here to make life easier. Because I don't plan on this site being really big and full of lots of other people than the ones I've talked to or we've invited, I'm deciding to let each of you have the option to get a color for your name and a custom rank.

COLOR:
> Any …

Comments: 0

Irelia Carter

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ace
The Avatar
Ace

Irelia Carter Empty
PostSubject: Irelia Carter   Irelia Carter EmptyTue Aug 18, 2015 10:24 pm

Name: Irelia Carter
Nickname?:
Sexuality: Straight
Personality: She is quiet, nearly emotionless, studious, and sarcastic. She can always come up with a witty remark which can sometimes come off as mean, although this is unintended. Her lack of emotions is due to the fact that she thinks through everything logically and factually like her mother, not taking into account her own feelings or emotions. She's slightly distant and anti-social; a recluse and sort of to herself. However, given all this, she is still a very hopeful person, although deep down. She's very mature when she does interact with others, giving advice and staying calm under pressure. Serious and cautious, she keeps her emotions under control, but she does have a temper when people annoy or bother her. Overall, she is not cold-hearted, merely introverted, caring deeply about those close to her. In any case, she's still insensitive and pessimistic at most times.
Looks:
Spoiler:
God parent: Athena
Power(s)?: As the daughter of Athena, Irelia has unique abilities that are tied to her mental state, and as such, she has trained herself to calm all strong feelings to contain them. She has achieved this through daily meditation and soothing herbal teas. Total suppression of her emotions, though, can result in her powers subconsciously manifesting - as such, she constantly struggles to express herself while still maintaining control.
Soul-self: The basis of all of Irelia's three powers are derived from her soul-self. She is able to project her soul from her body into corporeal form, using it to interact with the physical world and affect others mentally. Her soul-self takes the form of a double of her own body. She is able to project her soul-self into the minds of others to communicate, facilitate calm or to force people into submission with a devastating mental attack. It is composed of energy that is colored black.
-Telekinetic Constructs: With her soul-self able to be molded into any shape, Irelia often creates simple domes or walls that acts as barriers against attack. She can project solid bolts to be used as projectiles, or a steady stream of solid force. She knows how to make a variety of things, such as razor sharp blades to cut through obstacles, ropes that can restrain foes, and floating platforms to ride on.
-Advanced Telekinesis: Irelia can merge a small part of her soul-self into objects in order to take control of them, with the object essentially becoming an extension of her soul-self ; this may be the reason why she prefers to take control of inanimate objects rather than people. Whenever she takes control of something, it is covered in the same dark energy that composes her soul-self.
-Empathy: The psionic ability to sense the emotions of others, allowing her to gain insight into their thoughts and intentions, and even experience their own feelings. This also enables her to sense the mental state of others, as she has stated that she would know if someone's mind had been tampered with by the Mist. By using her empathy to guide her, she can track others with her soul-self. It also has telepathic functions.
Backstory: Born in a small town near Wichita, Kansas, Irelia was used to empty days with nothing to do. While other children played in the fields, Irelia would stay inside and just sit in her room. Her father tried to interest her in farming, of which he knew all the intricacies, but she didn't seem to care for it. One day, however, when she was reading a novel she'd picked up at the town's small library, she became very frustrated with the terrible writing. Strangely enough, this is when she discovered her power, which she has dubbed soul-self. She began to deal with it more and more when she was alone at home, figuring out how to control it through her mind. By expressing emotion, she was able to send a little beam of black energy forth from her hand, but she kept the secret to herself. On her ninth birthday, on which she received a complete set of books she'd wanted, she was so overjoyed that she accidentally used the second of her powers on it while trying to blow the candles out, covering it in black energy and causing it to explode. Thankfully her father had been getting the camera ready, and didn't see what happened, but he did see the mess. After that, she made sure to keep better control over her emotions at all times. That is, until five years ago when her father disappeared after a day of being out on the farm. She went out to look for him, but was unable to find him, her sadness overwhelming her so much that she unlocked the final part of her soul-self: empathy. She had connected to him and knew exactly where he was. Angry karpoi had attacked his tractor, and he was hiding out in an old barn. Running to help him, she sent them scattering with blasts of her strange powers before opening the barn's huge doors after enveloping it with her soul-self. This time, her father saw it, and knew it was time to say good-bye. In a small town like hers, accompanied by her tendency to be away from others, she hadn't been noticed by a satyr, but her mother, who was Athena, the Greek goddess of wisdom she'd read about, had told her father about the Camp when she was born. With that, she packed up the little belongings she had and left to Camp Half-blood, where she's been for five years now.
Strengths:
Soul-Self: She's solely reliant on her powers if it comes to fighting, which means she's had a long time to develop them.
Strategic: Like other Athena kids, she's very analytical and logical. She can figure out complex problems quickly and determine the best course of action after discovering flaws in something.
Intelligence: She's very bright and has good discerning skills, but more than that she has a desire for knowledge that can help her in multiple situations. She's an avid reader (albeit mostly fiction, her only indulgence).
Multilingual: She's adept in seven languages; she's fluent in English, French, German, and Greek, and knows a good amount of Spanish and Japanese. She's also begun studying Arabic. Languages come easily to her, although they do take work.
Weaknesses:
Physical ineptitude: She has practically no upper-body strength, and she isn't at all athletic.
Short tempered: She can get very angry, although she tries to stop herself, if she gets annoyed by someone else, whether she be meditating or reading. This causes her powers to flare out of her control.
Social awkwardness: Especially around a guy she thinks is attractive, she doesn't know how to act, but also just in general she isn't one to give a speech or stand in front of a crowd.
Anti-social: Separate from her social awkwardness is her anti-social behavior, which makes it even harder to make friends since she's already socially awkward as it is.
Weapon(s): Due to her lack of physical prowess, she doesn't use anything, which can make her extremely vulnerable if her powers fail her.
Other?: Final character! I honestly should've made an Athena character earlier.
Back to top Go down
Lissy
Supreme Empress Sea Pancake
Lissy

Moxie

Irelia Carter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Irelia Carter   Irelia Carter EmptyTue Aug 18, 2015 11:51 pm

No.

But your accepted.
Back to top Go down
https://halfblood-days.rpg-board.net
Ace